Sunday, August 19, 2007

Feed The Pig - AICPA Comes Up With Another Great Slogan...Not

I faithfully pay my dues to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) every year. The AICPA does a lot of things to help promote the profession.

Like when they came out with a logo sometime in the mid 90s - you can see it on the AICPA home page. At the same time, they came out with a slogan:

The CPA - Never Underestimate The Value
Bravo. A slogan with not one but two negative words!
A few months ago, the AICPA announced they were starting a campaign to encourage youth to develop good savings habits. That is what I would call a very good idea. They hired the Ad Council (who gave us Smoky the Bear amongst other successful campaigns) to help develop and market the idea. What did they come up:
Feed The Pig
I'm reminded of the Pontiac Aztek. That vehicle was developed by committee and nobody had the good sense to look at it and think about the actual product.
Here the AICPA does it again. Feed The Pig. They couldn't come up with anything better? That being said, the web site is up. I mean, it's a good idea. I'm still embarrassed that this is what my dues dollars are doing.

No comments: