Monday, October 15, 2007

The Real End of Tax Season Part II

I'm remembering way back to when I was a young accountant at what was then Deloitte Haskins + Sells. I think it was the start of baseball season. I was talking with a guy named Bruce, who was a couple of years senior to me, and asked him if he was excited about the start of baseball season. Bruce said in reply:

There are only two seasons. Hockey season, and the rest of the year.

I'm remembering that because there are, in my life, only two seasons: Tax season, and the rest of the year. Tax season for all intents and purposes really does end on April 15. We then get to breathe pretty easy for the spring and summer.

Once you get past October 15, you start to think in earnest about the next tax season.

So, a new tax season starts tomorrow.

Why don't I remember the rest of the year?

No comments: